Le Moyne College Intramurals
Women's Intramural Basketball Rules
Games will consist of (2) 20 minute halves and a five minute half time. The halves will be running time except for timeouts and the last two (2) minutes of the game. (Only if games are close!)
Team will consist of five players each. You are able to start a game with four (4) players.
Each team will have two (2) timeouts per game.
Substitutes may enter the court once recognized by the scorekeeper or referees.
The one-and-one bonu occurs on the 7th team foul.
The 2 shoot bonus occurs on the 10th team foul.
Participation in intramurals has long been a tradition at Le Moyne. Student leadership in officiating, establishing rules, and guidelines and supervision is a major factor in the success of the intramural programs.
Co-ed Indoor Soccer Co-ed Kickball Co-ed Volleyball Co-ed Wiffleball
Basketball Flag Football Co-ed Softball Co-ed Dodgeball Co-ed Wallyball
Mini Weekend Tournaments: Flag Football, Soccer, Dodgeball, Softball & Wiffleball
Intramural Sign-Up Procedures
Sign-up dates are posted on the Le Moyne College website and in the glass case in the racquetball court hallway. Notices announcing each intramural sign-up meeting will also be posted at various campus locations and announced in the The Dolphin. It is MANDATORY that each team has a representative in attendance. Team rosters are due at this time. No late rosters will be accepted. Game dates and times along with other intramural announcements are posted in the glass case in the racquetball court hallway.
Officials and Scorekeepers
We need the cooperation and assistance of the general student population in managing the program.
If you do not actively participate in intramurals, you can be a paid official or scorekeeper. To become an official or scorekeeper, you must see the Intramural Director prior to the season.
1. Intramurals are open to full-time students (taking 12+ credit hours), full-time grad students, and Le Moyne College employees.
2. Students participating in a varsity sport are not eligible to participate in the same intramural sport. Any varsity player who is not eligible to participate in a varsity sport that particular season, but practices with the team, if ineligible to participate in the same intramural sport.
3. Le Moyne ID cards must be shown when requested by officials, scorekeepers, or Intramural Director. Students who cannot produce their card will not be allowed to participate.
4. A player may play for one and only one team during each season. Any player found playing for another team will be suspended for one game and must choose the team for which he/she will compete. Any team found having a player who is not on their roster will forfeit the game. Teams are allowed to add player until mid-season provided they have not played on another team and the Intramural Director is notified of the addition. Any team found to have ineligible players will forfeit all games played.
5. The use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
6. Fighting, unsporting conduct and abusive language toward officials and/or other individuals will not be tolerated and will result in penalties, expulsions, or suspensions.
7. Referees may expel players from a contest for violations of any Intramural rules.
8. The Intramural Director may suspend students for violations of any rules.
9. Metal cleats, metal spikes, and metal-tipped cleats will not be allowed for use in any intramural sport.
10. Check the glass case in the racquetball hallway of the Recreation Center for announcements, rainouts and other information.